Taking an Uber on St. Patrick’s Day? Uber is offering a $10 off discount code to get a ride downtown.
Enter promo code MAKEAPLAN17 in the ‘Payment’ section of your Uber app menu for $10 off a ride to or from the St. Patrick’s Day festival area Thursday - Saturday. (Limited to the first 1,000 redemptions. Passengers must be 21 years or older to redeem)
River Street is closed Thursday - Saturday, making pickup in the area immediately surrounding the River Street and City Market difficult. For quicker service, arrange your Uber pickup a block or two away from the festival area.
Road closures along the parade route at 10am and 3pm on Friday, March 17, will make it difficult for drivers to move across Drayton Street or north of East Broughton Street. Stay south of East Broughton Street, west of Bull Street, or east of Abercorn Street to request your ride. Arrange to be picked up on the same side of the parade as your final destination.
St. Patrick’s Day Safety Tips from Uber's Ride Guide
- No Luck Needed With Uber’s Upfront Fares: Fares may increase or decrease depending on how many people are requesting a ride, so if a price seems on the high side, wait a bit and check again to see if it’s dropped. Uber gives you the total cost of your ride before you complete the request, so there are no surprises.
- Split the fare: Share an Uber and split the cost among multiple people. UberX can seat up to 4 UberXL can seat up to 6 passengers.
- Confirm your driver: Make sure you get into the right car with the right driver. Double check the car model, license plate, and photo before you hop in your ride. Uber rides can only be requested through the app, so never accept street solicitations from drivers claiming to be Uber. Once you’ve requested your ride, call or text your driver to coordinate your pickup by tapping ‘Contact’ in your app.
- Share your trip details: Need to let your group know when you’ll arrive? Share your trip details from from the app.
- Be nice: Please be considerate to your driver. Respect their vehicle and follow Uber Community Guidelines.
- Leave something behind? Contact your driver directly in the app to track down a lost item. Or contact the Uber Help Center for all other issues. For emergencies always call 911.