If you don't have to check your bag the next time you fly on a trip, why would you?
Let's be honest...the wait for you to claim your bag at baggage claim should make it free. The airlines have made $12 Billion off baggage fees.
Some airlines are increasing their fees too.
Here's a list of the Average Baggage Fees Per Passenger:
- Spirit - $26.61
- Frontier Airlines - $21.17
- Allegiant Airlines - $19.78
- Sun Country Airlines - $16.94
- American Airlines - $9.95
- Alaska Airlines - $9.89
- United Airlines - $9.58
- JetBlue Airways - $9.36
- Delta Airlines - $6.30
- Southwest Airlines - $0.36