It’s no secret that good customer service is really important to people, and it seems folks don’t give companies too many chances to get it right.
According to a new poll…
- Americans will only forgive a retailer for three mistakes with their purchase before they decide to never shop with them again.
- 80% of shoppers would never shop at a retailer again if they had to deal with bad customer service.
- On average, Americans have sworn off four retailers due to a poor customer service experience.
- Millennials have sworn off an average of five retailers due to poor customer service, while those 65 and over have only sworn off two.
- 70% of people would simply give up on their purchase due to a bad customer service experience.
- When it comes to the phone, Americans will start getting annoyed after being on hold for 3-point-five minutes.
- People give up hope and hang up after 10-point-9 minutes.
And if that doesn’t prove just how important good customer service is to people, this may be a good indication of just how much folks value it. The poll says 74% of consumers would actually be willing to spend more money if it meant getting better customer service.
Source : SWNS Digital