Instead of stressing yourself out over the perfect holiday gift for a friend or co-worker, a new report is suggesting that you can't go wrong with giving someone the gift of food.
I think this is a great idea especially if you know someone who loves to experience dining out.
A new poll finds:
- 73% of people would rather get a gift of food than any other type of gift this holiday season.
- 69% of people say they are touched receiving a food gift.
- And there’s good reason to feel touched, since two-thirds of people say they are more likely to give a food gift to somebody they care about.
- 70% also say that food gifts are the most likely gift to come from the heart.
So, why do so many people enjoy getting food-related gifts? Well, the tops reasons include:
- I like to try new food and wouldn't have bought it for myself otherwise (56%)
- I can enjoy/share it with family and friends (53%)
- I get to spend time with that person prepping/cooking etc. (53%)
- It shows they know me more as a person (51%)
- It's more meaningful (49%)