Forget summer, it looks like fall may be the new wedding season. Wedding planning site Zola has released its list of the most popular wedding dates for 2020 and it seems more couples are choosing to tie the knot in autumn.
Autumn?! Don't they know about College Football?!
Their research reveals the most popular wedding date for this year will be Saturday, October 10th. There are lots of reasons this is a top choice for nuptials, like the weather is nice and fall foliage makes a lovely backdrop, but the date itself is also appealing: 10/10/2020. The top five on the list are full of sweet-sounding dates with numerical patterns, like 9/19/2020 and 6/6/2020. And naturally, all the dates are a Saturday, which continues to be the most popular day of the week to say “I do.”
The top 10 wedding dates for 2020 are (along with the Gamecocks and Clemson schedule):
- Saturday, October 10, 2020 - Gamecocks are hosting Tennessee. Clemson at Florida State
- Saturday, June 20, 2020
- Saturday, September 19, 2020 - Gamecocks are hosting Mizzou. Clemson hosts Akron. (really Clemson?! putting AKRON on your schedule. Just kidding... :-)
- Saturday, June 6, 2020
- Saturday, September 26, 2020 Gamecocks at Kentucky. Clemson hosts Virginia
- Saturday, October 17, 2020 Gamecocks BYE Week. Clemson hosts NC State
- Saturday, October 3, 2020 Gamecocks at Florida. Clemson no game. At Boston College the night before
- Saturday, September 12, 2020 Gamecocks hosts East Carolina. Gamecocks hosts Louisville.
- Saturday, May 30, 2020
- Saturday, May 16, 2020
“We’ve actually heard of a lot of couples who had longer engagements so they could get married in 2020," explains Zola Editorial Manager Lindsay Dolak. "Plus, choosing a date with a special pattern means your partner has literally no excuse to forget your anniversary.”
Photo: Getty Images